Sweet supports syncing data to QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, and Premier (all versions of QuickBooks Desktop). This helps to reduce on double-entry, training needed for simple order entry, and errors from incorrectly inputted data.
You can access Sweet from anywhere, create orders or update your catalog, and those changes are synced to QuickBooks painlessly.
Below are instructions on how to set that up within Sweet. If you have any additional questions or just want to find out more, just email us at email@example.com.
1. Go to the Integrations page and click on + Add under QuickBooks Desktop
2. On the next page, there are settings you'll need to configure for your use. We've defaulted these to the recommended settings to keep things as easy as possible. More details below:
- Password: You will need this once you set up Sweet in the the QuickBooks Web Connector a bit further down in the setup process.
- Match Quickbooks Item name to:
+Product Name in Sweet: Our recommendation would be to choose this, but it depends on how you use Quickbooks. If your item names in Quickbooks are simply the name of the product, e.g., "Bread roll", "Red T-Shirt", then this option works best.
- Sweet product SKU <-> QuickBooks item SKU (if available), otherwise QuickBooks item name
- Sweet product name <-> QuickBooks item name
- Sweet product description <-> QuickBooks item description
+Product SKU in Sweet: If your item names in QuickBooks are code-like identifiers, you do not use SKUs in QuickBooks, you'll want to choose this option. Then, the Sweet -> QuickBooks match will follow this structure:
-Sweet product SKU <-> QuickBooks item name
-Sweet product name <-> QuickBooks item description
-Sweet product description <-> QuickBooks item description (repeated)
- Send Order as:
+Invoice (recommended): Orders in Sweet will be synced to QuickBooks Desktop as invoice transactions.
+SalesOrder: Orders in Sweet will be synced to QuickBooks Desktop as sales order transactions.
- Invoice Template Name: Name of the invoice template you want Sweet orders to use in QuickBooks.
- Create Customers, Products, and others in QuickBooks:
+Yes (recommended): Sweet is able to create all necessary records if they do not currently exist in QuickBooks.
+No: Sweet is only able to create new transactions in QuickBooks. This assumes that all products and customers are already synced (since Sweet will be unable to create new products or customers). This is not recommended as it will require a lot of double-entry in Sweet and QuickBooks.
- Overwrite conflicts in:
+QuickBooks (recommended): Updates made in Sweet will overwrite the corresponding attributes in QuickBooks. For example, if you update a customer's address in Sweet and you have an active QuickBooks Desktop integration, Sweet will make that same change in QuickBooks.
+No resolution: Sweet will not push updated attributes in matched objects (products, customers, etc.) to QuickBooks.
- Use assemblies:
+Yes: Sweet can sync assembly products and assembly builds to QuickBooks Desktop.
+No: Turn off if your version of QuickBooks does not support. You can still use assemblies within Sweet, inventory assembly products will sync as inventory items and assembly builds will sync as stock movements (decrementing the inventory of the components, incrementing the inventory of the inventory assembly product).
- Track Inventory:
+Yes: All stock movement data from orders, stock adjustments, stock transfers, etc. will sync to QuickBooks if this setting is on. However, inventory data will sync to.
+No: Turn off if you do not have inventory tracking turned on in QuickBooks or if you simply prefer not to sync inventory data to QuickBooks.
- Use Multi-site Inventory:
+Yes: Sweet will update inventory data at each respective inventory site in QuickBooks. Requires using QuickBooks Enterprise and having this feature turned on.
+No: Turn off if not supported / enabled.
- Include Lots in Line Description:
+Yes: If turned on, Sweet will append lot numbers from each line on orders in Sweet to the lines on the invoices in QuickBooks.
+No: Turn off if not supported / enabled.
- Include Discounts:
+Yes: Sweet groups all order discounts and manual adjustments as one line item on an invoice. Other options are coming.
- Discount Item Name: The name of the discount item in QuickBooks to sync discount amounts to. Typically this would just be "Discount" in QuickBooks.
- Discount Account: The name of the account in QuickBooks to categorize discount amounts to.
- Shipping Item Name: The name of the shipping item in QuickBooks to sync shipping and handling amounts to. Typically this would just be "Shipping" in QuickBooks.
- Bundle Adjustment Item Name: The name of the bundle item in QuickBooks to sync adjustments to bundle prices to.Typically this does not exist in QuickBooks by default, so you'll need to create one.
+A "bundle adjustment" is the difference of the price of a bundle from the sum of the prices of the components that make up a bundle.
- Bundle Adjustment Account: The name of the account in QuickBooks to categorize bundle adjustment amounts to.
3. Download QWC file to the same computer which QuickBooks Desktop runs on. If you use a remotely hosted version of QuickBooks, e.g., Right Networks, you'll want to go to the Sweet app website on that remote PC and then download QWC.
4. Open up your QuickBooks Desktop file, then click on File and select Update Web Services.
5. A smaller window displaying QuickBooks Web Connector will pop up. This is the interface to set up and run the Sweet integration, as well as other applications you set up to connect to QuickBooks Desktop.
Click on Add an application.
6. Find and open the file you saved earlier from Sweet, titled "Sweet_QBDesktopSetup.QWC".
7. A dialog window will pop up asking you to authorize Sweet to access your QuickBooks file. Click OK to continue setup.
8. Next, you'll be asked to select how often you want to allow Sweet to access your QuickBooks file. We recommend selecting the last option so that you won't have to manually run the integration each and every time.
9. Next, you'll see a confirmation window. Click Done.
10. Finally, copy the password from the QuickBooks Desktop integration page in Sweet and paste it to the Password field in the QuickBooks Web Connector field.
11. To have Sweet integration run on an automated basis, leave the check-box under Auto-Run checked and the Every _ Min as 60. You can change these settings as desired.
It's a good idea to run the sync at this point, manually, just to ensure QuickBooks is able to connect to Sweet. If you already have queued jobs, you will see some activity. This might happen if you've set up the integration in Sweet, added products, customers, or created orders but haven't set up things on the QuickBooks side until now.
12. The QuickBooks Desktop integration page features a sync log so you can check the status of your syncs.
Note 1: Sweet currently can only send data to QuickBooks. Invoices, products, customers, etc. which are created in QuickBooks do not get synced back to Sweet. To import information from QuickBooks Desktop into Sweet, you'll want to check out our easy customer and product import tools.
Note 2: If you use Right Networks, or another remotely-hosted QuickBooks Desktop offering, you may encounter an error after you set up the Sweet integration in QuickBooks Web Connector which contains the following test:
QBWC1020: There are scheduled jobs. Web Connector will not be able to run these jobs if you exit. Do you still want to exit?
To ensure it can run automatically, you will need to check with your QuickBooks hosting provider's IT team. According to Intuit's help page, an instance of the hosting environment needs to be kept running if you want QBWC to run when you are not logged in.
Otherwise, the best approach will be for a team member, or external bookkeeper, to manually open QuickBooks Web Connector and "update selected" to run the integration on a recurring basis.