Setting up a custom domain will allow you to give you and your customers a friendlier and easy-to-remember URL when using Sweet. Rather than app.getsweet.com, you can create an URL of your choosing e.g., “wholesale.jonspremiumfoods.com”.
Steps to Implementation
Steps to Implementation
Request Sweet support to set up a custom domain of your choosing. Most often, this will take some form of “<chosen subdomain>.<main domain URL>.com”, e.g., “wholesale.jonspremiumfoods.com”.
Some limitations as follows:
Must be on a domain you own, so that you can change the CNAME values needed to point to our hosted application.
Avoid subdomains reserved by your DNS provider, e.g., mail, www, ftp, cpanel, whm, webmail, webdisk. You can use any name except these.
Must only contain characters as follows:
- but not as a starting or ending character
2. Provide responses to the below questions so the Sweet technical team can generate the CSR code, which you will need to activate your SSL certificate:
Common Name - The custom domain name the certificate should be issued for.
Country (2 letter code) - If you are US-based, “US”.
State (or province)
Locality (or city)
Organization - The legally-registered name for your business. If you are enrolling as an individual, enter the certificate requestor's name.
Organizational Unit (Department) - If applicable, enter the DBA (doing business as) name.
3. Purchase a SSL certificate. You can often do this through your DNS provider, e.g., GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc. There are other options as well, e.g., SSLS.com.
4. Once our technical team has generated the CSR code for you, you can then activate your certificate. Below are instructions on how to do this from some of the larger DNS providers:
5. Download and provide certificate file to Sweet team at email@example.com
This will be a file with a “.crt” extension which you download, or receive via email, from the SSL provider.
6. Configure a CNAME record for this selected subdomain via your DNS provider. In the “wholesale.jonspremiumfoods.com” example. You would need to create a new CNAME record with the following values:
Name - This is your chosen subdomain. In our example custom domain of “wholesale.jonspremiumfoods.com”, it’s “wholesale”.
Value - This will be provided to you to by the Sweet support team after we receive the .crt certificate file from you.
TTL - 1 Hour (default value).